Birthday Longboard!

I just love birthdays, especially mine ;) It's always a mixture of happiness and a little bit of sadness in me. Happiness comes from gratitude for all the great people I have in my life and sadness is usually a result of nostalgia for "the good old days" when some other great people still used to be a part of my life. Like my granny. Nevertheless I'm always so excited about my birthday coming along that somehow we end up celebrating all week. We celebrate pre-birthday, birthday and post-birthday! Why am I telling you all this? Well because I guess Gasper thought that I celebrate all year round! And that's why I got my last year birthday present this year! ;)
Last year he came up with the best birthday present idea ever! He showed me a sketch of a longboard! "If you like it, I'll make it for your birthday." ( This was a critical moment when he should of aded "next year!" )
The shape was great, I just tweaked it here and there and for me it was perfect! Then I waited 2 months for the deck...then it took me 2 months to come up with the design...then we had a looooong f... winter...then I waited for trucks and wheels...and then I waited for a month to get it out of the river! When it was finally done we had to make a Neon Rabbit video off course and I don't know how but my friend drop it into the river. It was in there for a month because I had to wait for the scubadivers. That's right-scubadivers! They rock by the way. 
But this summer we went for some awesome rides...definitely worth the wait ;)



















Comments

Popular Posts